torsdag den 30. december 2010

Dark and Empty

Now all the Christmas decorations are packed away. Just as much as I look forward to decorating for Christmas, just as much I look forward to packing it all away after Christmas. But gosh, there's dark and empty, dull and bare. It takes some time to get accustomed to, so I have hung a few snowflakes in the windows, some crystals on sprigs in a vase and found my snowflake candlesticks - it all helps a bit :)

Tognight I will try dresses to see what suits me after I've lost 7 pounds - yep, you cannot wipe the smile off my face! I hope I can fit the long vintage silver dress I bough earlier this year. I imagine myself looking like Jayne Mansfield on New Years Eve:


... or Mamie van Doren:

Instead it will be more like Rudolph with the Red Nose! Since I have caught a cold and am coughing and blowing my nose all day long, ouch!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you - and watch your fingers and eyes! :)

4 kommentarer:

  1. Happy New Year! I hope you feel better!

    SvarSlet
  2. I just realized I was not following this blog, but I don't read Danish and the translation is a little odd, so hopefully I am now officially following. I am finally trying to read in French again (very hard) that seems enough for we lazy English speakers, non?

    SvarSlet
  3. Happy New Year, Sanne. I hope Google will let me comment this time. And yes, when the decorations get packed away, it all seems a bit dreary. I bought coral/orange fresh flowers yesterday to cheer us!

    SvarSlet
  4. -> Flaurella, fresh flowers always help! If you have problems leaving a comment, try pressing F5 (refresh), but if you have written a comment, make a copy first, because it will be deleted by pressing F5. I often have to give it three tries to leave a comment, pretty annoying.

    SvarSlet

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...