torsdag den 5. juli 2012

Nail Tape

I have found a new smart way to make fantastic nails - and very easy too: nail tape. I follow Sophie's blog, she is a Norwegian photographer, so her photos are in top, and she is a fan of nail tape, so she inspired me to get started. I found ten rolls of tape for less than 5 pounds at Amazon:
The tape can be used as covering tape or as decoration, then you just give it one or two layers of topcoat to seal it. You paint your nails with a colour, let it dry (I do it the day before, since my patience is nothing to brag about), and then you can make points, stribes, triangles, checkers, geometrical patterns ... as always it is only your imagination that sets the limits. Here is my very first attempt:
My nails were painted with Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air, a transparent light blue, which has disappointed me a bit. Well, I were invited to a confirmation and would wear a green dress, so my nails had to look more green to match. So I made dark green glitter triangles and put a purple rhinestone at the top of each point. I think it turned out quite nice.

My second attempt:
I had painted my nails with Inglot 319, which is a lovely green polish, but the second day I decorated it with one of my green Sinful Colors glitter polishes I bought in the US. It is more discreet, but still a nice effect. I have of course mirrored the effect at the other hand.

My third attempt is reverse of the above, I think I like green and purple together:
The purple shimmer polish is a no-name my sister has brought home from Egypt, but the purple glitter polish is OPI's Designer Series "Temptation". It is pretty expensive and I am a bit disappointed when it is on the nails, but it works well in the above design.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...