torsdag den 22. november 2012

The PVA Trick

I have to share this trick with you. I have read about it on the internet a while ago and have now tried it myself - the PVA glue trick. I LOVE glitter polishes, but I HATE removing them because it is really a darn job. But here is a solution - you need some PVA glue (used for wood), which you pour into an empty nail polish bottle (we all have such one in stock, don't we!?), so that you can paint the glue onto your nails just like nail polish. The trick is to paint a thick layer onto the nail, because this will make it easier peeling it off again. The glue takes a little longer drying than a thick layer of normal polish, but when the glue has turned from white to clear it is ready to paint glitter polish on to. Here I have three layers and it is three days old: 

There is a chip in my thumb nail, as seen, but perhaps it had been there anyway. I wore it from Sunday to Sunday, so it wears OK and it was quite cosy to peel it off in large flakes. Use a wooden stick so you don't ruin your nails.

The green glitter polish is brand new, it is Piccadilly Arcade fra Nails Inc. The purple glitter polish is OPI's Divine Swine from the Muppet collection last Christmas.

I asked DH if he had some PVA glue in his garage and he did. He shaked his head laughing when he gave me the full botle and said that it is the strangest things I asked him to do.

I have seen that you now can buy "peel-off" basecoat for glitter polishes, but since it is just ordinary PVA glue, save the money and borrow some from your husband. ;)

2 kommentarer:

  1. I've read about this technique before, too, but haven't tried it out yet. Did you find it wayyyy easier to remove your sparkle polish when using the PCV glue? I'm a huge sparkle polish fan, but sometimes refrain from using it, as it really can be such a pain to try and remove. If this is a lot easier to get off, I'll pick up some PVC glue and give it a try myself, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    SvarSlet
  2. Sorry about my late answer, Jessica. My pc broke down, I felt very handicapped. It was a pleasure peeling off the glitter polish, very much fun. I'll say it'll last for about 3 to 4 days and if you are careful and don't do the dishes and things like that it can last up to 7 days.

    SvarSlet

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...