torsdag den 19. juni 2014

My room

I've got my own room. I wanted so for years, so I am extremely happy. When I lived with my parents I got my own room when I was fifteen, and then I moved together with DH when I was 18. And when we moved in our house almost 20 years ago, I was the only one who didn't get my own room. So when son moved September last year, I wanted his room. On 1 March this year I was lucky to get a new part time job at my company, and then I thought it was time to renovate it:
Pillows with vintage books.

We kept son's wall which I painted for him several years ago. The walls were painted white and the floor was sandpapered. Here I sit in front of the window and draw, paint and play with pearls:
I have inherited the desk from my mother in law, it is almost new. The bookshelf is from Ikea.

The Eiffel tower lamp is a birthday gift, the candle holder in the window is made by my beloved grandpa, and I am working on some pearl projects:

A little boy I once knew:

In the attic I have one of son's room dividers with boxes from Ikea. The boxes contain my fabric (small and large pieces) and lots of yarn and buttons:
Op top of it is my old record player and at the left I have a few records to play while I work on my projects.

Besides the records are four glasses with lots of buttons, size sorted:

Opposite the desk is son's old desk, which is now my sewing table. The beautiful purple goldsmith-dragon made of hand painted silk is a birthday gift from my brother:

My old sewing machine, which my dad thrifted and repaired for me:
Real seventies orange. And there is a pile of things I have to sew/repair.

My mother in law's crystal, which I don't know what to do with, so now it decorates my room:

But what do I have in my bookshelf, you ask? Here is a shelf with all my Marilyn Monroe books:
And a vintage watch and some vintage silver thimbles.

Here are various books on fifties style, a pair of clear lucite shoes from the fifties, two vintage pocket watches, my silhuet and my snowglobe from Paris:

At the left I have various movie star books and at the right I have books on tarot and other occult things:

My small collection of vintage cameras, the silver one at the right is a money box son gave me:

Let's end by looking closely at son's wall which he designed six years ago, and I painted for him:
He was very nervous if we would paint it over, but since I like the monochrome look too, I wanted to keep it.

So here I sit and work on creative projects while I listen to vintage records every Wednesday, and I LOVE it! :)

4 kommentarer:

  1. The room looks fabulous! And what a darling view from the window, a real source of inspiration I would guess. I wish you a darling weekend!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Annie, it is truly a dream come true. :)

      Slet
  2. What awesome, treasure and inspiration filled room of your own! The contents of your bookshelves alone have me swooning up a storm. I'm very happy for you, dear Sanne, and hope that you enjoy many fabulously happy years to come in your special new corner of the house.

    ♥ Jessica

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Jessica. I cannot help decorating and making it cosy with vintage things, and I really like that I now have all my books at hand, so I can just grab one and flip through it when I feel like it. :)

      Slet

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...