torsdag den 4. december 2014

Buy of the Year 2014

I use to nominate Buy of the Year, just for fun.

The opevious winners are:
In 2009 a vintage immersion heater
In 2010 a vintage Pyrex measuring cup
In 2011 a lovely notebook from Etsy
In 2012, I forgot, oops
And last year it was my iPad on which I read my blogs daily.

I have never defined the nomination precisely, but in general it has to be something I have been especially happy for and which have made a difference in my life. So which buy fulfills the criteria this year? Well, it has been extremely expensive, but also incredibly fantastic. On 1 March I started working part-time, having Wednesday off, so it became my creative day. On Wednesday I relax, I am creative and my stressed brain calms down. So although it cost me about 20% of my salary (fortunately son moved just a months before, and believe me, teenagers do not come cheap), it is worth every penny, and I hope it will never end. Last spring I got my own creative room (son's old room), so now I have all my things and stuff at one place and can work on my projects while I listen to old records.

What I make? Well, many different things, a.o. this copy of a Kate Spade clutch, which I also made a tutorial for:

I play a lot with my old seed beads, which my beloved grandma gave to me as a child. I am so happy I have kept them. Here is a gift for a dear colleague:
Necklace and bracelet after a Russian pattern found on Pinterest. You can find many free patterns and tutorials there.

I paint and draw:

And I have made lots of Christmas card and to-and-from cards:
Decorated with glitter, rhinestones, and pearls.

And I've started sewing again:
On my old sewing machine, which my dad thrifted in a container about 30 years ago and repaired for me. It is so good.

Here I have sewed a top from a fifties pattern. PDF-patterns are brilliant, because it is instant-download, so you can buy a pattern and sew it right away. The fabric cost me about 3 dollars:
Yep, it is me! Finally, a photo of me on my blog. I hate photos of myself, so normally it is on Instagram you can see photos of me, because the photos are so small so you cannot see how old and unphotogenic I am. ;)

And here is a skirt sewn of fabric I bought about 25 years ago:
I really like it and would love to use the same pattern for another skirt in some wintery fabric.

My latest project:

A houndtooth skirt with big pleets:
Really nice and it doesn't need a petticoat since the fabric is very thick. It became a little too large at the waist, but I can change that next Wednesday. :)

4 kommentarer:

  1. Beautiful series of photos, and that sewing machine is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you very much, Linda. I don't think the sewing machine is pretty, but it is my steady workhorse. And a warm welcome to my blog. Wishing you a lovely weekend. :)

      Slet
  2. Love your super pretty ensembles, dear Sanne. We have such a similar style. I would gleefully wear any of these wonderful outfits. The red pencil skirt in particular has me going weak in the knees. :)

    You are such a gorgeous woman inside and out. I love that you treated us to a viewing of your lovely face and awesome outfits this week.

    Tons of hugs & joyful weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, dear Jess. I have wanted a red pencil skirt for very long, so when I finally found this one a year ago with the lovely pleat details and for a very reasonable price, I bought it on the spot. You are such a heart warming darling, dear. Perhaps I'll be more brave and show more photos of myself on the blog in the future. Wishing you a lovely weekend. :)

      Slet

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...